The Moncton Public Library, located in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, aims to meet the educational, cultural, informational and recreational needs of its users. As part of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, we provide access to a province-wide collection of more than 1.8 million items, 127,000 of which are on our shelves. There is only one main branch in the city, located on Main Street in downtown Moncton.
- The book collection includes bestsellers, fiction and non-fiction for a wide variety of research and recreational purposes as well as large-print books, audiobooks, music, DVDs and videos, magazines, language kits, adult literacy materials, talking books for the visually and/or physically challenged and some braille.
- E-books and Audio Books can also be borrowed via the Electronic Library New Brunswick with a New Brunswick Library card.
- Our microfilm archive includes Moncton and area newspapers dating back to the late 18th century, census information, and telephone directories.
- The Heritage room archive includes local historical and genealogical books and works by authors from the Albert/Westmorland/Kent area.
Our Programs and Services
- The library has a variety of programs for children, tweens, teens, adults and seniors.
- We have free WiFi throughout the building as well as public access computers, a printer, photocopier and scanner.
- Services for patrons with print disabilities include alternative format collections, and an adaptive computer workstation with SystemAccess, Zoomtext, OpenBook and Kurzweil 3000.
- Our Makerspace, on the second floor, is a place where people gather to share resources and knowledge, learn new technology, build new skills, work on projects, network, and MAKE pretty much anything!
- Job opportunities at the Moncton Public Library and other public libraries in the province are posted on the New Brunswick Public Library Services website. Click to see opportunities.
Moncton Public Library Board
- In New Brunswick, the municipal partner appoints trustees from the community to serve on local library boards. The role of the trustees is to support the Library Manager/Director in the delivery of quality public library service in their community. To submit your application, visit the City of Moncton web site.
- Library trustees are: Diane Ross, Chairperson; Charlaine Gauthier Soeler, Vice-Chairperson; Chris Nagle, Treasurer; Karen Casey; Pat Harknett; Ravi Kancharla; Julie D. LeBlanc, Jeff Lloyd and Helene Robb. Councillor Robert McKee acts as City Council Liaison.