- Research assistance: Staff in the reference department are dedicated to assisting you with your research needs. If you are having trouble finding what you are looking for, simply ask any staff member at the reference desk and we would be glad to use our knowledge and resources to guide you.
- Computer Courses: In addition to answering questions in person, via email and over the phone, the reference team also delivers learning courses about computers, the Internet, social media, certain software, and more. Visit or call the reference department for more information, or browse through our calendar of activities.
Many of our special collections are catalogued and searchable by subject, title or keyword through the library catalogue.
- Databases: Begin your research by accessing one of our many databases providing online access to scholarly journals, local and some national newspapers, health information, reference material, auto repair manuals, business plans, and career information.
- Newspaper archive: A complete collection of the Times & Transcript newspaper, dating back to 1877, is archived on microfilm. Ask at the reference desk to access this collection.
- The Albert Westmorland Kent Heritage Room: The AWK Heritage Room is a permanent collection with the purpose of providing a profile of the three counties’ history, sociology, geography, genealogy, politics, literature, and culture. Ask at the reference desk to access this collection.
- Vertical File: An indexed collection of local newspaper clippings dating back to the 1970s.
- The Robert D. Denham Northrop Frye Collection: The largest collection of Northrop Frye memorabilia and publications in the world, the collection contains publications of Frye’s work in various languages, books about Frye, interviews, news stories related to Frye’s works, obituaries, and tributes to Frye, pamphlets, comics, flyers, and other miscellaneous publications.