Our collections benefit from your in-kind and monetary donations. Donations of books, CDs and DVDs that are recent and in excellent condition are greatly appreciated. We also accept and greatly appreciate cash donations directly to the library or online through our Canada Helps profile. Cash donations are used to purchase new books and materials for the collection.
Here is what you should know before making a book donation:
Your in-kind donation could be
- added to the library collection
- added to the book sale
- given to other organizations
In general, we do not accept:
- items older than 5 years, unless there is a special demand for them in our collection
- items in bad shape or in need of repairs (yellowed, stained, water-damaged, moldy, smelly, underlined or marked up, bent or missing pages); these will be immediately recycled
- encyclopedias or textbooks
- condensed books
- cassette tapes and VHS
Book and audio-visual donations can be brought to the front desk of the library any time during our open hours. We invite you to consult library staff before bringing in a donation. We reserve the right to refuse a donation that does not meet our selection criteria.